1) Place a piece of sticky tape over the clear centre dial cover, and pull if off quickly to remove the clear plastic centre dial cover as in the picture below:
3) Remove the small wire retaining clip, this is easily removed with your fingers (see below)
5) The inside of the dial will look very similar to the phograph below. However although the inside parts will be the same shape they will be different colours. Some parts may be plastic others brass.
6) Apply a small amount of watchmaker’s oil onto a cotton bud and use the cotton bud to clean out the governor cap.
10) Replace the clear plastic finger dial and centre screw and tighten the screw (see below).
11) Test the dial rotates OK (to make sure the procedure has worked) and then finally replace the paper label and push fit the plastic centre cover. Then test the dial again.
All should now be OK and you should now repaired on of the UK's nostalgic 746 Telephones.